This week, we celebrate National Small Business Week, where the focus shifts from Wall Street to successes and growth of Main Street. (Tough luck with the Facebook IPO, but I digress). This week, we’ll cover small business stories, stats and activities that are related to National Small Business Week.
If you have a tip – simply drop a note in our comments. We’ll include it in our roundup!
The Small Business Administration (SBA) is leading the charge to raise awareness and support small businesses you know and love. This year, they are reaching a larger audience by live-streaming their events.
In addition to the SBA, we’re scouring the web for you to find helpful resources on Small Business Week.
- Get Started: Small Business Week, social media training, the impact of the rising price of gas –Associated Press
- Small Business, Big Impact –Paychex
- Now is the best time ever for small business –USA Today
- Business Owner’s Social media Toolkit –Inc.
- 28 Million Small Businesses Strong & Growing –SBA
- As U.S. Small Biz Week Arrives, Are You Stressed or Optimistic? –Small Business Trends
- 5 Friendliest States for Small Businesses –CNN Money
- John Jantcsh from Duct Tape Marketing is hosting an online webcast teaching small businesses ways to drive more sales online.
- Chase and LivingSocial are awarding 12 grants to small businesses up to $250,000 in value.
- 5 Ways to Use Facebook Timeline for Business –MarketingProfs
- Top 10 U.S. Cities with Social Savvy Small Businesses –Mashable
- 3 Things You Should Know About Small Business –TheStreet
- Small Business Owners Experience 3X as much stress as raising kids. –Bank of America
- Small Businesses employ about half of all private-sector employees and have generated 65% of net new jobs over the past 17 years. –Small Business Administration [PDF]
- Only 15% of small companies use an online backup solution in their businesses. –Mozy
- Discover how your state or city ranks in the 2012 United States Small Business Friendliness Survey –Thumbtack
Stay tuned to the Infusionsoft Blog this week for stories behind the entrepreneurs of successful small businesses and helpful tips to take your business to the next level.